San Bernardino, CA - Direct Hire - Job ID #512
The Buyer/Planner will be an enthusiastic self-starter with a strong drive to improve existing
processes & systems. The role is responsible for the source selection and procurement of materials,
fixed assets and tooling as well as planning and managing production schedule to ensure on time
delivery as well as managing inventory levels. Additionally, will be responsible fo preparing data
and analyzing inventory trends, external and internal key performacne metrics an proposing process
improvement and the generation or management of key reports, metrics and projects.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree from a four (4) year college or university in Business
Management/Administration or equivalent work experience in Purchasing or Materials Planning
• 3-5 years related experience in manufacturing environment (machine and fabricated
metal parts) in the areas of purchasing, inventory control, MRP, cycle counting, Kanban, Supplier
performance management and material and production planning/scheduling.
• Must have previous ERP and MRP experience; MS Office applications (Word, Excel,
• APICS certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• MRP knowledge and ERP experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Expert applied knowledge of forecasting, MRP, supply chain, inventory management an
• Demonstrate knowledge of business concepts/principles (terms and conditions,
• ISO 9001 experience a plus.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the field of
• Understanding of component parts including an understanding of engineering
• Able to read engineering blueprints.
• Ability to reason mathematically using methods/formulas to problem solve.
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of
alternate solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Must be able to consider the relative cost and benefits of potential actions in
order to make appropriate decisions.
• Strong analytical, planning, multi-tasking, organization, coordination &
• Excellent customer service and communication skills (verbal and written).
• Intermediate to Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and
• Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Acts on order releases action and exception messages from ERP system.
• Plans and manages production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and
best utilize the company’s productive capacity.
• Analyzes sales order releases with respect to capacity planning and material
• Manages inventory levels, schedules and availability of selected item, either
manufactured or purchased, to meet production schedules.
• Reviews work in process material sweeps from production floor.
• Receives and reviews sales orders against current requirements and work in process
using the material requirement planning report.
• Releases purchase orders for production material, stock items and all purchases to
support the sales.
• Interfaces with manufacturing personnel and supervisors on material status and
production planning issues.
• Responsible for developing, maintaining, and implementing strategic and optimal
• Evaluate key performance indicators and drive improvements through strategy
• Monitors production performance and assures that MRP parameters are in line with
• Recognize problems, analyze and recommend solutions.
• Experience in building plans to meet financial targets.
• Experience in bottleneck management using the Theory of Constraints.
• Optimize supply chain to minimize waste.
• Manage new part release MRP settings and participate in New Product Initiative
• Participate in performance metrics: Finished goods inventory levels, OTD, purchase
order management, Backorders, and PPV.
• Process improvement capability.
• All other duties as required or assigned.
Generally, travel is not required Limited travel required
Regular travel required Frequent travel required
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those tha must be
met by an employee for successful performance of the essential functions of this job.