HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA - Contract To Hire - Job ID #792
To Apply for this Job Click Here
JOB SUMMARY: Assist the Maintenance Mechanic/Die Room with the following tasks: to disassemble, clean, assemble and maintain extrusion dies, screws, adapters, screen changers and other assigned equipment with responsibility for production and quality on this equipment. To modify or produce new equipment as directed. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Analyzes mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment and plans for and takes corrective action. Makes necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
2. Reviews production schedule and when equipment is not scheduled for manufacturing, performs scheduled maintenance.
3. Supervises equipment running after repairs, changeovers, or extended maintenance when practical until proper production and quality levels are assured.
4. Makes preventive maintenance check and inspection of assigned equipment, reports findings to supervisor and takes appropriate action.
5. Notifies supervisor of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken, and of quality problems or supplies needed. 6. Performs repair, rebuilding or overhaul work of manufacturing or service equipment from blueprints, company manufacturing manuals, written or verbal instructions.
7. Makes repair parts if not commercially available or in stock.
8. Plans setup and operates typical machine shop machine tools, producing parts to tolerances and company specifications. Uses typical machinist’s hand tools.
9. Sets up and tests production equipment under power, testing for mechanical difficulties, tracing to their sources and correcting problem.
10. May operate equipment during relief periods. 1
1. Understanding and use of standard hand and machine shop tools required.
12. Produces prepreg material with special training.
13. Must have passed yearly forklift certification testing.
14. Notifies supervisor or manager of any potential safety hazards. 15. Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND WORK EXPERIENCE: 1. High school diploma or equivalent work experience