Machines Control Programmer
San Bernardino, CA - Direct Hire - Job ID #695
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Summary: (Brief, concise statement of expected results: the reason the position exists):
The incumbent will work in the Electrical Engineering Department assisting a team of programmers in
the development of PLC and HMI applications for high-speed servo motion control packaging
machinery. The position of Machine Controls Programmer includes the responsibility for programming,
debugging, and support all aspects of software, and hardware utilized on automated motion controls
systems for packaging machinery.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Programming or ten (10) years experience in
a related field
• Minimum of three years’ experience programming industrial automated equipment
• Must have a minimum of three years of experience working with, electrical controls
systems, PLC’s and HMI programming
• Motion control knowlege is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Understanding of industrial machine controls, electrical systems, PLC, and HMI
programming with a working knowledge of multi-axis servo systems.
• Proficient in reading and interpreting engineering blueprints.
• Critical thinker with the ability to troubleshoot and identify root cause and
corrective action of machine issues.
• Strong project planning and organizational skills
• Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills demonstrates a
positive and can- do attitude.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced cross-functional manufacturing organization,
multi-task, and balance priorities
• Creative, independent, detailed oriented, and hands-on with the ability to work with
• Highly accountable to self and others, drives closure of tasks and completes quality
work on time
• Knowledge of current safety policies and machine directives like NFPA, OSHA
regulations, and industrial processes.
• Be familiar with standard communication protocols, (Ethernet IP, Sercos, Ethercat,
and Powerlink) concepts, practices, and procedures related to the motion automation field
• Knowledge of MS Office applications including WORD, Excel, and PowerPoint
998 S Sierra Way, San Bernardino, CA 92408 USA | Tel: (909) 885-0715 | Fax: (909) 381-1934 |
• Working knowledge of multi-axis servo control motion systems is a plus.
• Knowledge of UL, NEC, CE, NFPA79, OSHA electrical standards codes, and general
safety electrical practices as per NFPA79E.
• Basic understanding of the concepts of 5S and Lean Manufacturing
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in development and support of PLC and HMI programs for packaging machinery.
o Responsible for integration of specialized hardware and software into manufacturing systems to
enhance automation and control with an emphasis on efficiency.
o Develop, Load, setup and support software for automated control systems.
o Prepare functional descriptions of process controls.
• Assist customers and/or co-workers with electrical/programming issues.
• May provide electrical engineering support both on and off-site.
• May be tasked with field installation work which will require travel to the customer
• Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to
make recommendations to service technicians.
• Aid engineering teams with machine and control development.
• Operate computer-assisted engineering design software and equipment required to
perform engineering tasks.
• Inspect completed installations and observe their operation to ensure conformance to
design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
• Assist with specifications for purchase of electrical components.
• Adheres to all company policies, safety rules and safe work practices on site, while
traveling and at customer’s location.
• Maintains a highly professional image while representing Winpak Corporation.
• Up to 30% travel may be required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Generally, travel is not required Limited travel required
Regular travel required Frequent travel required
Physical Requirements: (update per position)The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this position, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk;
sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms;
climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The
employee may lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus. The individual must have a high level of comprehension, and a
high level of general, verbal, and numerical intelligence.
Work Environment: (update per position) The environment is both office and manufacturing. In the
manufacturing environment, the employee will be exposed to typical hazards of noise, flying debris,