Carlsbad, California - Contract To Hire - Job ID #2298
The Production Operator supports manufacturing processes to execute planned production work, primarily through the operation of industrial mixing and converting equipment utilized for the manufacture of Prepreg and Adhesive products. Responsibilities include equipment set-up, operation, and clean down against defined standards to directly support the Lead Operator and ensure safety, quality, and productivity goals for the work cell are consistently achieved. The role requires support of and adherence to all safety standards, personal protective equipment requirements, and safe working practices in the manufacturing environment.
The following is a non-exclusive list of the essential functions of the position:
• Comply with company policy, safety, and regulatory requirements; apply safe working practices, and utilize appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) required for large scale industrials mixing and converting equipment, and associated chemical handling
• Demonstrate awareness of Quality culture and execute against defined Quality policies, operating instructions, and standard operating conditions for equipment and processes
• Communicate quality issues or defects encountered to the production Lead, Supervisor or Manager and support timely corrective actions driven at the management level
• Perform tasks assigned by the Lead Operator, Supervisor, or Manager associated with set-up, machine operation, and cleaning activities to meeting planned work schedules and meet productivity goals
• Support the wider organizational goals with adoption of process and policy changes, and general support for continuous improvement initiatives.
• Communication Proficiency
• Time Management
• Technical Capacity
• Decision Making
• Problem Solving & Analysis
• Basic Math
• Attention to Detail
Preferred Education and Experience
• 1+ Year Production experience in a manufacturing environment
Required Education and Experience
• High School Diploma – General Education Degree or Equivalent OR
• Relevant and demonstrated equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment.
3PM – 11:30PM Monday – Friday