Huntington Beach, California - Contract To Hire - Job ID #2277
To interpret engineering data such as drawings and specifications and inspect in accordance with the data. Must be able to use standard measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, height gages, dial indicators etc. Perform visual and dimensional inspections for receiving, in process, final and first article inspections on aviation parts from details to top assemblies. Must be able to understand visual and cosmetic standards. Must have the ability to clearly write nonconformance reports and assist in corrective actions investigations.
*This is a temp-to-hire opportunity
|SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Interpret engineering data such as drawings and specifications
- Competent in using measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, height gages, indicators.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspection
- Perform receiving, in-process, final, and first article inspections
- Perform inspections to visual and cosmetic standards
- Able to write inspection reports and nonconformance reports
- Able to understand root cause and participate in corrective actions
- Perform review of supplier certifications for conformance to requirements
- Data collection for statistical analysis
- Must understand and be able to interpret tolerances
- Understand application and use of all types of precision measuring instruments used in mechanical inspection, including interpretations of geometrical and positional tolerance requirements.
- Travel as required to support suppliers or source/auditing inspection program.
|GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS – Education, Knowledge, and Experience
- A High School Diploma is required.
- A two-year college (Associate degree) or ASQ Certification is desired.
- Position may be filled with both entry level and experienced candidates.