Grinder – SGF
Costa Mesa, - Contract To Hire - Job ID #2175
Under general supervision, operates air and electric grinders to grind parts; and perform other duties as assigned.
Griswold Casting Supervisor
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grinds part;
- Checks dimensions;
- Cleans workspace;
- Inspects parts;
- May operate forklift;
- Helps mechanics;
- Delivers parts to cleaning room;
- Cleans parts with air gun;
- May inject wax for patterns as needed;
- Operates heat treatment oven as needed following training;
- Regular punctuality, attendance, and absence reporting in conformance with company polices is essential to the successful performance of this position; and
- Fully comply with company rules, policies, procedures, and safety guidelines to ensure safe and effective operations.
Any combination equivalent of, but not limited to, the following:
Some experience in involving the operation of grinding machinery preferred; training in safety practices and procedures and proper grinding methods and techniques.
- Ability to use small hand tools;
- Ability to use air guns;
- Ability to use micrometers and gauges to check grinding tolerances;
- Ability to work cooperatively with co-workers and related departments;
- Ability to operate grinder and forklift;
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures; and
- Ability to grind materials to specified tolerances.
Monday – Friday
5:00 am to 1:30 pm
$17.50 – $18.50 DOE