CNC Lathe Machinist (2nd)
Santa Fe Springs, California - Contract To Hire - Job ID #2148
CNC LATHE OPERATOR
The CNC Lathe Operator operates one or more CNC Lathe machines, bar loaders and feeders, to specification on a production basis. Ensures work is performed ethically while achieving the objectives stated in the Company Quality Policy. Ensures work is completed efficiently and adequately while following company safety policies and procedures. Performs other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
CNC LATHE MACHINIST KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Operates machines to specifications. Load raw material, and install assigned tooling, begin running machine to produce first article inspection pieces.
• Begin running machine while monitoring the operation through visual and audio observation.
• Inspect and measure machined parts/components using a variety of inspection equipment to verify conformance to print.
• Monitor all machine accessories during the machining operation and replace worn machine accessories such as inserts, blades, drills, taps, end mills.
• Monitor all cutting/lubrication fluids in the machines and add oil to the machine reservoir when required.
• Follow standard operating procedures for completing each work order and after each job tear down the machine and prepare for next set-up per work instructions.
• Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work area. Ensure floors and equipment are clean and dry, the work station is uncluttered, and all machines and equipment are free from any hazards
• Comply with all company policies and procedures
• Adhere to department expectations. Meet/exceed department performance expectations such as throughput, productivity, quality, and safety