Quality Assurance Inspector
City of Industry, California - Direct Hire - Job ID #2101
Plans and conducts activities concerned with the quality assurance of industrial processes, materials and products by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Beyond those listed below, other duties may be assigned by management at their discretion.
• Interprets engineering drawings/sketches/illustrations, schematic diagrams, build instructions, ASME standards for welding & welder qualifications, and confers with QA management and/or engineering to determine quality standards applicable.
• Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of assigned product or component.
• Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
• Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
• Reviews all purchased products or components and provides input to the decision of whether to accept the product and future purchases from the vendor.
• Prepares Non-Conforming Inspection Reports (NCR’s) as necessary.
• Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with company policies and procedures.
• Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
• Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
• Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality assurance activities. • Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
• Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
• Works with the ASME/National Board, Hartford and other third-party inspectors.
Education and/or Experience:
An Associate’s degree (AA or AS) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, and a minimum of 5 years related experience in the QA field.
Monday – Friday
6 am to 2:30 plus OT