Pomona, CA - Contract To Hire - Job ID #2028
Under the general supervision of the Manufacturing Supervisor the CNC Programmer programs computer numerical controlled (CNC) machinery using Mastercam for both mill and lathes. Coordinates with the shop floor to ensure program performance and quality. Make general decisions as to quality, tolerances and operation sequence.
Essential Job Duties
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operation to be performed, and plan the best process for machining.
- Compute dimensions and tolerances from conventional blueprints and CAD drawings using Mastercam and be able to design in Mastercam and be proficient in Four Axis programming.
- Write programs for a variety of machine tools including computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines to produce precision parts.
- Ensure dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications by verifying with the machine operator.
- Provide set-up drawings and tool lists for machine tool operators.
- Solid Works or Solid Edge is a plus and/or willingness to learn Solid Edge.
- Coordinate with Engineering and shop floor to create optimum machine utilization.
- Report deviations from specifications and tolerances to supervisor.
- Maintain detailed records of all programs along with complete documentation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Five years machine shop experience that includes machine programming.
- A combination of four years of work experience in the trade and some college or industry courses in machining is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certification for CNC programming in Mastercam is desirable.
- Proficient in Mastercam programming.
- Proficient in Four Axis programming.
- Possess effective organization and time management skills, be detail oriented, use good judgment, and manage competing priorities for multiple projects and consistently meet all deadlines.
Monday – Friday
6:00 am to 2:30 pm
Pay Rate DOE
$24 – $26 Hr.