2nd Shift Packaging Operator
Anaheim, California - Contract To Hire - Job ID #2016
Shipping / Receiving / Packaging Clerk – This position receives & moves raw materials and ships finished goods. The position is located in the Shipping / Receiving / Warehouse Departments.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Tasks and Work Activities
- Ensures safe work conditions and follows safety procedures and policies.
- Receive and inspect raw materials into Inventory, verify that the quantities received and material type are correct, label material accordingly
- Move raw materials to appropriate location in plant
- Forklift – material movement within buildings
- Inspect / box finished goods as produced, put into finished inventory
- Off loom inspection of finished goods, cutting rolls into specific lengths
- Schedule shipping pick-ups with trucks ( primarily 1st shift )
- Prepare finished goods for shipment and verify shipping documents
- Perform visual inspection of work area to assure that area is safe
- Communicate with supervisors- Provide necessary information regarding any issues with raw material, finished goods, or shipping instructions
- Update excel spreadsheets and manual logs for tracking inventory
- Other duties as required by management
- Certified to operate a forklift
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- English Language – demonstrates oral and written comprehension and expression of the English language. Demonstrates reading comprehension with knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words.
- Computers and Electronics – Knowledge of computers, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook
- Active listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking appropriate questions
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
1:30 pm – 10:00 pm