Machine Maintenance Mechanic
Costa Mesa, CA - Contract To Hire - Job ID #1970
Machine Maintenance Mechanic A
MACHINE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC JOB DIMENSIONS:
Under general supervision, repairs and maintains industrial machines and/or parts; and performs related duties, as assigned.
Machine Shop Manager
Machine Maintenance Mechanic Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repairs and maintains machines, parts, and equipment including multitask machine centers, CNC and conventional lathes, mills , drills, grinders, and related equipment;
- Sets up and mounts parts for maintenance, replacement, and repair work in accordance with specifications guidelines;
- Makes adjustments to machinery as needed;
- Lubricates and cleans production machinery;
- Fully comply with company rules, policies, procedures, and safety guidelines to ensure safe and effective operations.
MACHINE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC QUALIFICATIONS GUIDELINES:
Any combination equivalent of, but not limited to, the following:
Considerable experience, training, and/or education in the repair and maintenance of industrial machinery.
- Considerable knowledge of the methods and techniques used in repairing and maintaining production machines;
- Ability to clean, lubricate, and maintain production equipment;
- Considerable knowledge of tools and materials necessary for repair and maintenance of industrial machinery;
- Ability to operate hand and power tools;
- Knowledge of safe work practices and procedures;
- Ability to understand and follow work instructions;
- Ability to read and interpret maintenance and repair specifications;
- Ability to install and maintain D.R.O. units;
- Considerable knowledge of computers and interface systems;
- Ability to read and interpret wiring schematics and diagrams;
- Ability to troubleshoot machine failures;
- Ability to read and interpret hydraulic schematics; and
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to bend, stoop, stretch, lift, move, and carry tooling and materials weighing 25 pounds or less;
- Ability to move heavier objects using mechanical devices or with the assistance of co-workers;
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job, as defined;
- Reasonable accommodations provided upon request.
- Company certification in the operation of a forklift; and
- Safety shoes required.
$15.50 – $22.00