Pourer/Pourer Trainee 3rd shift
Costa Mesa, CA - Direct Hire - Job ID #1968
Under close supervision, operates overhead crane to carry molten metal from furnace to ladles to pour into molds; and performs related duties, as required.
Melting and Pouring Supervisor
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses crane to carry ladles from furnace;
- Moves overhead crane with ladle to pouring location;
- Pours metal into molds;
- Skims slag out of ladle, as required;
- Changes jackets and weights to control material consistency and forming;
- May operate forklift to move molds to and from steel foundry;
- Utilizes raised ramp and stairs, as required, to perform job at hand;
- Regular punctuality, attendance, and absence reporting in conformance with company policies is essential to the successful performance of this position; and
- Fully comply with company rules, policies, procedures, and safety guidelines to ensure safe and effective operations.
- Knowledge of pouring techniques;
- Knowledge of machinery and molten metals hazards;
- Knowledge of company safety practices and procedures and emergency response measures;
- Able to recognize changes in metal temperature;
- Ability to weigh and measure silicates; and
- Ability to work cooperatively with co-workers.
- Ability to bend, reach, stretch, and lift weights and materials weighing 50 pounds or less;
- Ability to operate crane and forklift as required or obtain and utilize assistance of co-workers to move heavier objects;
- Ability to walk/move about on uneven and/or sand-covered surfaces;
- Ability to climb/utilize raised ramps and stairs, as needed;
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time;
- Ability to understand and follow oral instructions; and
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job as defined;
- Reasonable accommodations provided upon request.
Salary DOE: $17.50 – $19.00
Schedule: 11:00 pm to 7:30 am