Phoenix, Arizona - Direct Hire - Job ID #1963
Under general supervision, the employee is responsible for the design and development of manufacturing processes, tooling, and fixtures and the reworking of travelers in order to meet daily production schedules while enhancing productivity and product quality. Employee develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications, quality standards and designs, implement manufacturing processes for new or revised products in support of engineering.
- Design, develop and support manufacturing processes for new products, product changes, enhancement, and related tooling and fixtures which are consistent with zero defect level as well as low product cost in coordination with Engineering, Quality Assurance and R & D functions.
- Maintain accurate documentation of processes, manufacturing procedures, material records, designs concepts, tool/fixture drawings and shop orders in coordination with Engineering, Quality Assurance and R & D functions.
- Provide troubleshooting and technical assistance to production departments.
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities.
- Assist engineering product development staff to ensure that products under development possess optimal manufacturability and resolve manufacturing issues.
- May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and provide technical guidance to other lower-level personnel.
- Responsible for writing Assembly and Manufacturing Travelers.
- Train employees on methods, tooling, and procedures for product assembly or fabrication.
- Support company goals, objectives, policies, procedures, good manufacturing practices, and regulations.
- Keep quality up to acceptable standards with little discrepant work.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of AS9100 / ISO policies, procedures, and directives.
Skills and Requirements:
- Applicant must be ITAR compliant.
- A related technical field with three to five years of related experience. Lean / Six Sigma certification desired. Must be computer proficient
- Superior knowledge of all manufacturing engineering design functions;
- Ability to work on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors;
- Effective time management skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to read, write, and follow written and verbal instruction in English;
- Ability to work well with only a modest amount of repeated instructions;
6:30 am – 3:30 pm
$85K – $115k