Mechanical Project Engineer II
Phoenix, Arizona - Direct Hire - Job ID #1960
Provide design engineering and project management for CCS’ airborne and industrial sensor products. Functions include design, product development, project management, customer technical support and regulatory compliance.
- 3D-Design of electro-mechanical and MEMS type piezoresistive switches, sensors, transmitters and accessories used on airborne and industrial fluid power and pneumatic equipment systems
- Provide sustaining engineering (Engineering Change Order and Engineering Change Request) for existing sensors, castings, parts, and accessories.
- Review existing and new customer specifications in order to develop technical proposals to meet their requirements.
- Prototyping and testing to verify the operational performance of new or improved designs
- Prepare technical reports and other documents as needed
- Participate in customer design reviews
- Create detailed 3d parts, part drawings, and assemblies for new designs using Solidworks or similar 3D software.
- Research new vendors for hardware and outside processes applicable to new product(s) requirements.
- Create new processes and design practices applicable to new product(s).
- Collaborate with peers, machine shop, and manufacturing engineers to improve efficiency and reduce component costs in development and production.
Skills and Requirements:
- Applicant must be ITAR compliant
- BSME, BSAE or equivalent technical degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in design engineering of mechanical or electro-mechanical product
- Proficient knowledge of SolidWorks or similar software
- Proficient knowledge of ANSI Y14.5M Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Working knowledge of basic analytical engineering tools such as Force, Pressure, Stress Analysis, FMEA, and Design of Experiments
- Experience with test software like: Labview or MatLab
- Experience in designing pressure switches, sensors, valves or actuators is a plus
- Mechanical skills using small hand tools or machining equipment is a plus
- Committed to attaining quality results on time
- Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit, talk or hear, and flex and extend fingers with opposition of thumb, palm or grasp. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend, reach with hands and arms, and to move within all areas of the facilities and parking lots. The employee is occasionally required to bend, turn push, pull, and kneel. A computer is used to access, input, and retrieve data. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
7:00 am – 3:30 pm
$75k – $100K