Quality Inspector (Assembly)
Phoenix, Arizona - Contract To Hire - Job ID #1946
As Quality Inspector, you will carry out inspections and tests on completed and sub-assemblies of airborne and industrial switches, sensors, and transducers. You will also perform mechanical inspections of components to ensure their compliance with engineering drawings, acceptance test procedures, and specifications. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams including Quality, Manufacturing, Design, and Sales. Additionally, you will keep accurate files and records and produce necessary reports.
- 80% of your work may involve Final Assembly and In-process Inspection of Switches, Sensors, and Transducers
- Conducting visual inspections and utilizing standard inspection devices or test equipment on production components
- Conducting acceptance tests to determine product compliance with dimensions, performance, mechanical, and electrical specifications
- Performing in-process inspections during assembly line processes such as soldering and passivation
- Documenting non-conformances in Discrepancy Reports (DRs)
- 10% of your work may involve Mechanical Inspection and Receiving Inspection
- Conducting Acceptable Quality Level (AQL) inspection on products produced by Machine shop and Purchased products
- 10% of your work may involve FAIRs and FAA 8130-3 Tags.
- Performing dimensional inspections for First Article Inspections Reports (FAIRs) when required
- Preparing 8130-3 Authorized Release Certificate, Airworthiness Approval Tag
- Conducting Acceptable Quality Level (AQL) testing on products produced by CCS-Mexico as needed
- Understanding engineering requirements and correlating ATP results to ensure conformity
- Collaborating with the Assembly Manager and Supervisors to establish supportive documentation and inspection criteria for final product acceptability
- Meeting production quotas
- Providing technical assistance and training as needed
- Maintaining high quality standards with minimal discrepant work
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or Quality Manager
Skills and Requirements:
- ITAR compliant
- Proficiency in using precision measuring equipment (e.g. Calipers, Micrometers, Optical Comparators, etc.)
- Ability to maintain quality of work as per company specifications
- Ability to use Windows and MS-Office (Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Strong communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Time management skills
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing situations and new tasks
- Independent problem-solving skills with minimal instruction
- Professional demeanor and teamwork orientation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously require sitting, using hands and fingers to flex and extend fingers with opposition of thumb-palmar grasp, talk or hears. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, reach, turn, twist, push, and pull and to move within all areas of the facilities and parking lots. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
6:00 am to 2:30 pm
$20.00 – $25.00