Boiler Test Tech
City of Industry, California - Direct Hire - Job ID #1945
Performs variety of tasks including installation of apparatus and control instrumentation used to test experimental or prototype mechanical, electrical, electromechanical, hydro-mechanical, or structural products, and conducts tests and records results by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Confers with engineering personnel to resolve fabrication problems relating to specifications and to review test plans such as types and cycles of tests, conditions under which tests are to be conducted, and duration of tests.
• Examines parts for conformance with dimensional specifications.
• Coordinates and participates in installing unit or system to be tested connecting valves, pumps, hydraulic, mechanical or electrical controls, cabling, tubing, power source, and indicating instruments.
• Activates controls to apply electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or mechanical power and subject test item to successive steps in test cycle.
• Monitors controls and instruments and records test data for engineer's use.
• Troubleshoots equipment malfunctions such as valves, gaskets, gas pressure and air flow servos, nozzles, burner units, pumps, electric motors and electric control panels.
• Testing will occur using natural gas, propane, heavy oil or diesel fuel.
• Perform hydrostatic testing of boilers.
• Employee will be required to use natural gas, diesel, electricity, steam, compressed air and hot water for generator testing.
• Experience with Low emission burners and related equipment is a plus but not a requirement.
• Must have good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
• Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to read blueprint/schematics, sketch specifications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.