Pomona, CA - Contract To Hire - Job ID #1940
Working under the direction of the Welding Lead, the Welder III completes projects with little or no supervision and performs a variety of welding processes using electric resistance, oxyacetylene or plasma-arc torches. May assign work to Welders and check their work. Welds commonly used metals and alloys of various shapes, sizes, and thickness. Selects welding electrodes for specific welds to ensure penetrations and fusion of base and filler metals. Welds metal components together to fabricate or repair products according to blueprints, layouts or work orders. Welds in vertical, horizontal and overhead positions.
Essential Job Duties
- May give work assignments and provide guidance to other Welder staff as assigned.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as TIG and MIG.
- Welders may specialize in certain types of welding such as custom fabrication, welding, structural construction welding, or production welding.
- Use electric/air tools and power tools as required.
- Scan all jobs through the Made2Manage (M2M) system.
- Operate plasma machine for cutting as needed.
- Assembly of subassemblies as needed.
- Operate forklift, electronic pallet jack or hoist.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Five years experience as Welder II, or a welding certification and three years welding experience in the trade and some college or industry courses in welding is desirable.
- Five years machine shop experience desirable.
- Working knowledge of welding materials and equipment.
- Forklift, pallet jack and hoist experience desirable.
- Must be able to read and use a tape measure.
- Perform work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be organized, reliable, punctual, adaptable and flexible.
- Demonstrate a positive professional demeanor and dress.
- Adhere to all company policies.
Monday – Friday
6:00 am to 2:30 pm
Pay Rate DOE
$24 – $28