Costa Mesa, CA - Contract To Hire - Job ID #1898
Under general supervision, makes castings from patterns in green sand process; and performs other related duties, as assigned.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives patterns;
- Prepares patterns with sand air rammer and squeeze machine;
- Makes mold hard and clean with correct riser in listed times;
- Determines correct riser for the job;
- Checks completed work for adherence to quality standards;
- Regular punctuality, attendance, and absence reporting in conformance with company policies is essential to the successful performance of this position; and
- Fully comply with company rules, policies, procedures, and safety guidelines to ensure safe and effective operations.
Any combination equivalent of, but not limited to, the following:
Some experience in making molds; some experience in the use of an air rammer; some experience in setting gates and risers.
- Ability to work cooperatively with co-workers and related work units;
- Knowledge of hazardous materials risks and emergency response procedures;
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions;
- Ability to work with small hand tools;
- Ability to perform simple measurements; and
- Ability to maintain work concentration and exercise precision.
Monday – Friday
4:00 am to 12:30 pm
$17.50 – $18.50 DOE