CNC Machine Operator (2nd Shift)
City of Industry, - Contract To Hire - Job ID #1695
Position Over view:
With minimal supervision, sets-up and operates various CNC multi axis mills and dual spindle lathes with live tooling; including, adjusting programs and use of precision measuring tools while adhering to all safety requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned. Represents a summary of the range of duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Intended to outline the minimum qualifications necessary for entry into the position/class and do not necessarily convey the qualifications of incumbents within the position/classification. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Working from engineering blueprints, machines parts to very close tolerances and specified finishes
• Must be able to adjust offsets on the machine and change inserts and tools as needed
• Inspect and approve your own machined parts and conduct Statistical Process Control as required
• When required, edit programs to machine special parts and tools
• Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of speeds and feeds based on various raw materials being machined
• Set-up and operates various CNC mills and lathes insuring machine cycle times and tool life is optimized
• Must be able to tear down set-ups and prepare tooling for the next job prior to finishing the current job. For example, should be preparing the next set-up while the machine is in cycle time.
• Continuously improve machine set-up times and switch overs.
• Participate in Rapid Continuous Improvement (RCI) Kaizen events.
• The CNC operator may also assist on equipment they are not familiar with to gain experience and learn new processes. For example, CNC grinding equipment.
Intended to outline the minimum qualifications necessary for entry into the position/class and do not necessarily convey the qualifications of incumbents within the position/classification. The additional requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. To perform this job successfully, the applicable candidate must be a team player.
Monday – Friday
3:30 pm – 12:00 am