- Inspects (Outbound and/or in-process) aerospace sub-assemblies and/or assemblies visually and dimensionally for conformance to manufacturing drawings, quality control specifications and supplier/customer requirements. Other duties and/or responsibilities may be performed as part of cross-training or employee development plan.
- To review Customer purchase Orders and follow requirements on PO.
- Responsible for review and acceptance of paperwork and documentation used in the acceptance of product.
- Responsible to produce necessary manual or computer generated inspection reports to accept or reject products.
- Inspection involves using measurement equipment such as, but not limited to, calipers, micrometers, pin gages, thread plugs, thread ring gages, surface plates, and optical comparator.
- Completes data processing move transactions as required.
- Possesses basic understanding of geometrical tolerancing and dimensional measurements per ASME Y14.5.
- Possesses basic knowledge of AQL sampling selection per internal procedures or ANSI/ASQC Z1.4 or as directed by customers.
- Possesses basic knowledge of first article inspection reports per AS9102.
- Possesses basic knowledge of acceptance test procedures (ATP), acceptance test reports (ATR), job travelers (process plans), pick lists, drawings, procedures, C of Cs, chemical & physical analysis reports, and test reports.
- Basic knowledge of DFAR and Nadcap requirements.
- Basic knowledge of customers’ DQCR/DSQR programs and website portals.
- Evaluates and adheres to all flowed down contractual (internal and external) requirements of customer purchase orders, suppliers purchase orders for commercial and/or military products.
- Knowledge or experience inspecting various types of materials (e.g., aluminum, alloy, titanium, stainless steel, etc.).
- Knowledge or experience inspecting aerospace products with coatings (e.g., anodizing, cadmium plating, chromium plating, nickel plating, zinc plating, passivation, etc.).
- College or ASQ (American Society for Quality) certification a plus.
- Experience working in FAA environment
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum 3 years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in mechanical inspection of aerospace products.
- Relocation is not offered for this role. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile distance of the Los Angeles, CA facility (zip code 90039) to be considered.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee