city on industry, California - Contract To Hire - Job ID #1532
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Prepares specifications for fabrication, assembly, and installation of apparatus and control instrumentation used to test experimental or prototype mechanical, electrical, electromechanical, hydromechanical, or structural products, and conducts tests and records results by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to read blueprint/schematics, sketch specifications
• Position, align, fit, clamp, tack and weld parts in assigned work area
• Clean and prepare surface to be welded
• Proficient in horizontal, vertical and 6G welding positions that includes MIG Welding and TIG Welding for pipe and sheet metal
• Thick Steel Pipe Welding experience
• High efficiency in pipe/tube cutting, grinding, threading and fabrication
• Examines workpiece as determined by work order specifications
• Examines work piece visually, by touch, or using tape rule, calipers, or gauges to ensure product meets desired standards
• Follow company safety policies and procedures
• Knowledge of common welding practices and procedures
• Must be able to lift/move a minimum of 25 lbs or more
• Must be able to perform assembly work with pumps and sheet metal assembly
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • High School Diploma or Equivalent
• 5 years’ experience with fabrication shop equipment
• 5 years metal work experience preferred
• MIG/TIG welding of stainless steel, aluminum, and steel
• Pipe welding
• High attention to detail
Education, Experience and License: High school diploma or GED, 5 years’ experience and/or training with MIG/TIG; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Valid Certified Welder – 6G Certified for ASME Code welding. Must possess own tools