Field Service Engineer
, - Direct Hire - Job ID #1525
To Apply for this Job Click Here
This person is responsible for installing and servicing resistance welding, laser welders, laser markers, and systems equipment; handling customer inquiries related to applications or processes development using our products. Travel to support these tasks will be worldwide.
- Installing, aligning, servicing lasers, resistance welders, and workstations with PLCs and motion control hardware and software
- Making changes to PLC and motion control programs
- Training customers in the use and maintenance of our products
- Answering telephone inquiries regarding product operation, maintenance, and applications
- Writing field visit and customer inquiry reports
- Work with customers and other visitors on applications development in-house
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 4 year degree in engineering, materials, physics, chemistry or related discipline.
- Good customer interface, verbal, and written communications skills
- Good practical electrical and mechanical troubleshooting knowledge
- Logical analysis of technical problems, ability to understand problem as described by customer
- Proficient PC computer skills including Microsoft Office products
- Lift and carry 50 pounds
- Significant travel by air and car (in excess of 75% of the time).
- Coordinate work and appointments with headquarters. Take care of our customers.
- Manufacturing, laser, materials processing and/or resistance welding background or experience
- Ability to read, write and speak Japanese.
- Experience in maintenance of industrial control equipment; preferred
- Exceptionally computer literate
- Computer programming experience; experience in industrial control equipment preferred
- Experience in customer service or field engineering is a plus
- Experience in motion control to include M and G codes; preferred
- Ability to learn and read ladder logic.
- Experience in training customers in the use of capital equipment; preferred.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally on short notice
- Valid US Passport required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year