HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA - Contract To Hire - Job ID #1522
To Apply for this Job Click Here
The Safety Coordinator will support safety compliance efforts to ensure workplace safety at our facilities. This position will be responsible for planning, developing, coordinating, maintaining, and ensuring the effectiveness of safety programs, policies, procedures, and their relevant subcomponents. Individual must be a self-starter and highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision to achieve the company’s safety objectives.
• Conduct safety audits and inspections of work areas and equipment to ensure compliance with OSHA and other regulatory standards (PPE assessment, job safety/hazard analysis, and others).
• Review/report non-conformances and assign corrective actions as applicable. Follow up with team members to confirm implementation of corrective actions.
• Prepare, schedule, and deliver safety training for employees from all shifts for various safety topics (emergency procedures, personal protective equipment, new hire orientation, powered industrial truck, and others). Recommend revisions, improvements, and updates to training as needed.
• Work with all levels of the organization to support the development, review, and revision of relevant safety policies, procedures, and programs (injury, illness, and prevention program (IIPP), hazard communication, emergency action plan, and others).
• Prepare and maintain all safety related documentation, postings, metrics, and records.
• Ensure availability and proper use of safety supplies and equipment such as fire prevention equipment, personal protective equipment, first aid supplies, and others.
• Lead teams to thoroughly conduct incident investigations, root cause analysis, assign corrective actions and maintain incident documentation.
• Promote Airtech’s safety culture and provide general direction and coaching on safety to supervisors and team leaders.
• Support government, agency, and consultant inspections, audits, and reporting.
• Perform other safety related duties as requested.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 3 – 5 years safety experience in manufacturing environment.
• Strong knowledge of general OSHA and CalOSHA standards.
• Excellent written, verbal, and advisory communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Advanced training or certification in health and safety preferred.