Glendale, California - Direct Hire - Job ID #1425
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Reports to the Supervisor of Receiving Inspection or designated authority. Responsible for performing dimensional inspections on hydraulic, pneumatic, electric and mechanical component parts, assemblies and sub assemblies as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate and Program Coordinate Measuring Machines – CMM Zeiss Calypso Software.
- Perform dimensional inspection on complex machined components and tooling.
- Work from surface plates using complex inspection layout equipment.
- Perform both in-process First Article piece and First Article to AS9102 format.
- Be responsible for review and acceptance of paperwork and documentation used in the acceptance of product.
- Initiate discrepancy reports when product is found nonconforming.
Must be able to program and operate Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) Zeiss Calypso Software
Minimum of five years experience in Mechanical Inspection of highly complex, close tolerance aerospace products.
Must possess a strong background in surface plate layout and use of inspection equipment associated with product inspection such as comparator, contracer, profilometer and CMM.
Must possess a good understanding of Military Specifications and Aerospace Specification associated with the acceptance of materials or processing.
Must be able to read and understand blueprint (GD & T , ANSI Y14.5)
Must be self-started and motivated.
Must be capable of working with little to no supervision.
Must read and write English with some computer skills and typing.
Must be familiar with AS9102 FAI