Costa Mesa, CA - Contract To Hire - Job ID #1197
To Apply for this Job Click Here
STOCK CLERK JOB DIMENSIONS:
Under moderate supervision, receives, identifies stores, disburses, and takes inventory materials and supplies; select, count, weigh-count, and deliver materials; assist with completing inventory records and entering computerized inventory data; and performs related work, as assigned.
Stock Clerk Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selects, counts, weigh-counts and delivers materials to the various manufacturing areas and the Shipping Department in accordance with material requisitions;
- Checks parts for identification number and description for storage and material selection;
- Writes shortage requisitions;
- Prepares stock area and assists in taking cycle-counts and physical inventories;
- Assists in entering basic computerized data;
- Assists in logging and storing of materials, as received, from manufacturing, receiving, and inspection areas;
- May unload delivery trucks;
- May load (including strapping load down) and unload trucks that transfer inventory to other company locations;
- May pack parts in cartons for shipment, as directed;
- May assist in mailing and receiving areas, as needed;
- Operate abrasive saw, as needed;
- Cleans and maintains work areas, as required;
- Fully comply with company rules, policies, procedures, and safety guidelines to ensure safe and effective operations.
STOCK CLERK QUALIFICATIONS GUIDELINES:
Any combination equivalent to, but not limited to, the following:
Some experience and training in material stocking, storage or control is desirable.
- Some knowledge of safe equipment operating procedures and work practices;
- Knowledge of basic math;
- May require the ability to operate forklifts, computers, and weigh-counting scales safely and efficiently, following safety regulations and procedures, as applicable;
- Ability to read and interpret work orders and material specifications and complete shortage requisitions and basic inventory records;
- Ability to understand and follow operating procedures;
- Ability to inspect parts, materials, and work in progress for conformity with quality standards;
- Ability to efficiently operate equipment, including abrasive saw, and follow safety regulations and procedures;
- Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with others; and
- Ability to understand and follow work instructions.